Lifestyle clubs are a growing trend in the adult industry. They’re spaces where sex workers can enjoy themselves and meet their clients without worrying about being judged or harassed by others. But what exactly is a lifestyle club? How do they work, who goes there, and why should you go there? Here’s everything you need to know before heading off on your adventure:
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LIFESTYLE CLUBS
- Lifestyle clubs are not scary, but you should do your homework first.
- You don’t have to be someone you’re not there. It’s better if you are sometimes the same person at every club (to avoid getting carded). But make sure that when going out with friends or family, everyone knows what kind of vibe they can expect from the venue: Is it a place where people will be dressed up? Are there rules about behavior? What is expected from men and women when entering and leaving? If people walk in wearing sweatpants or sweatshirts (or anything else deemed “casual”), that might mean no heels allowed inside; if jeans are accepted as appropriate attire for men…you get the point!
They’re not all about sex.
Lifestyle clubs are not just about having sex. Some are just for socializing, while others are only there to play pool, video games, or watch sports on TV. There’s no set schedule at lifestyle clubs; they’re open whenever you feel like coming in, so if you have a busy schedule during the day and don’t have time to go out clubbing until evening, then it would be silly to plan your entire night around going to one particular club!
You don’t have to go as a couple.
You don’t have to go as a couple. You can go alone or with friends and get the same experience. If you’re looking for something more social, plenty of lifestyle clubs offer group activities and events like bowling, karaoke nights, and even theme parties like “Taco Tuesday.”
Rules vary from club to club.
Rules vary from club to club. You should check the dress code and age limit before you go so that you know what kind of clothes are required. Is there a cover charge? If so, how much is it? Are there any rules about touching? These things will affect your decision on whether or not to attend a specific event.
Hetero, homo, bi? All are welcome.
If you’re still worried about finding a place that’s going to love and accept you, don’t be. Lifestyle clubs are the perfect place for all kinds of people. Homosexuality is still illegal in many parts of the world, but that doesn’t mean those who identify as such have to hide their sexuality. It’s quite the opposite: people who come out at these clubs tend to be happier than their straight counterparts because they feel like they belong somewhere where no one judges them or makes fun of their choices—and if they do find themselves being judged, they’ll always have friends there who will defend them!
So even though it may seem intimidating at first glance (and I’m sure it will feel pretty weird if you’ve never been there before), don’t let preconceived notions stand between yourself and experiencing what life inside a Lifestyle Club entails!
No one will judge you.
As a member of a lifestyle club, you won’t be judged by the people there. This is a big deal because most clubs have strict rules about what is and isn’t acceptable behavior. For example, if an outsider walks into your club wearing cargo shorts and flip-flops (no matter how stylish), they will be asked to leave immediately. You could also go home with bruises or worse if someone gets aggressive with you or tries to touch you inappropriately while at the club.
Lifestyle clubs are not known for being judgmental places—they’re more like social gatherings where everyone has fun together!
There is a dress code (and it’s meant to protect the women).
- Dress code. Men should wear slacks, a button-up shirt, and dress shoes. Women should wear a dress or skirt and heels.
- Clean shaven. Men who are not clean-shaven will be asked to leave the club immediately upon entry.
- Hair was done up: All women must have their hair styled before entering a lifestyle club (or any other establishment that serves alcohol).
It’s not like you see in porn.
The lifestyle club you’re going to is unlike your typical porn scene. It may be one of the few places where this behavior is prohibited. That’s because these clubs are meant for fun and relaxation, not sex or public displays of affection. If there were orgies at these events (which they don’t), then they would be illegal under California state law; however, if you’re planning on spending more than an hour at any given time in an area with lots of people around—and especially if some people might be coming on to others—you should probably avoid going there altogether!
If your intention is hanging out with friends and having fun together without worrying about hurting anyone else’s feelings by your presence there (or theirs), this isn’t such an issue. Still, if things get too wild for comfort during those times when all involved parties have consumed alcohol, we don’t recommend participating either!
Lifestyle clubs are not scary, and you don’t have to be someone you’re not there, but you should do your homework first.
Lifestyle clubs are not scary, and you don’t have to be someone you’re not there, but you should do your homework first. If a lifestyle club is what you’re looking for, it’s a great place to go if you want to meet new people and enjoy yourself. But before embarking on this journey of discovery and self-discovery, some things need to be considered beforehand:
- Be honest about what kind of person/personality fits best with the club’s atmosphere.
- Respect the rules set by the management team or owner of the said establishment (if applicable).
- Dress casually but appropriately enough not to offend while still being stylish enough that others may notice that they look good in what they’re wearing; however, this doesn’t mean showing up dressed like an Abercrombie & Fitch model!
So, there you have it. That’s everything you need to know about lifestyle clubs. The next time you’re at one, remember that this isn’t a place for all the reasons you may be afraid of, but it can also be one of your most fun nights ever. After all, who doesn’t want to explore their sexuality in a safe and open environment?